Wednesday 6 December 2017

Super proud.

I was super proud of Timothy - Michael this morning. During the morning walk, that takes place around 7am we take a detour back through the village just especially to get him used to the traffic which usually amounts to probably a couple of cars. This morning however we encountered a huge sugar beet harvester which did turn off before it got to us but it still looked pretty scary to me. Behind it though was a long line of cars and vans which all had to pass us plus there was a tractor coming the other way so that caused more mayhem on the narrow village street that has no footpath where we were but Timmy didn't even flinch or pull on the lead just walked or when directed stood quietly by my side.
 
Today we did a first. Usually when I have to leave him at home for some reason I do so in the kitchen with the radio on and Tess baby sitting and recently there has been no trouble like counter surfing. However yesterday because Tess was not available for baby sitting duties I had to leave him alone in the kitchen which resulted in more breakages. So today when I left him I thought why not give him more room, so apart from the kitchen I gave him access to the stairs and his bedroom which probably doesn't sound very sensible after what happened yesterday but I thought being able to move from one room to another might make him feel less confined also he would be with his toys and bed and also Tess. Well on this occasion it seems to have worked as there was no trouble at all. He had been laid in his bed as I could feel it was warm.
 
This morning I called in on the people who own the dog which attacked Tess, mainly to see if they were alright after it all but also to reassure them we bore them no ill feelings. We discovered yesterday that there was a bit of a witch hunt being implemented via emails to residents in the village. This made me realise that we weren't the only ones to suffer through all of this. They have shown remorse throughout and done as much as anyone can to make amends. So it didn't seem right to us that they be treated this way and that's why I went to give them some moral support and also ascertain if lessons had been learnt and it seems they have as they have at least gone out and bought muzzles for the dogs and you can tell that she is just as devastated by it all as we are. I just think that if the boot was on the other foot I would be guttered without the whole village on my back over it.

1 comment:

  1. How kind of you to reach out to the owners of the dog. I'm sure that meant a lot to them.

    Glad that Timmy is making strides!

    ReplyDelete

Favourite Toy.

Timoth - Michael loves his football and will sit with it when not chasing it.