Thursday 30 November 2017

Tonight I am quite upset and disillusioned.

Tonight I am quite upset and disillusioned. The woman who runs the rescue place where we got Timmy has been looking at my progress updates and not only disapproves of my training methods, it seems that I'm over training him. But worst of all is that she is also turning the words I wrote last night to make it look like I have been ill treating him so much so they are sending out a representative on Saturday to do something, I'm not really sure what. Anyway if anyone else thinks what I wrote last night means I beat or ill treat him you are absolutely wrong. I've never raised my hand, voice or anything else to him in anger and as for the training it's all fun and games to both of us. He loves the interaction and he's allowed to quit whenever he wants, usually though it's me that gets fed up first.
 
Tonight we did some sit and stay, the sitting part isn't really training anymore though as he is now the best sitter in our house. We also played the LEAVE IT game. This is where I drop or place a treat on the floor and if he ignores it he gets a treat from my hand then at the end he also gets the treat from the floor. Neither session lasted more than a couple of minutes.
 
Today in the garden we have been lifting and storing Dahlia tubers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favourite Toy.

Timoth - Michael loves his football and will sit with it when not chasing it.