Wednesday 13 December 2017

Running free recall work.

 
Today we have been doing more recall training while out on our evening walk. This just involves letting him lose and then at intervals when he is a short way from me or if he looks distracted I call his name and then tap my thigh and this is the signal for him to come back to me. We made a short video last night so that you can see how we are getting on.
Also on the way back we a detour by the road through the village just to practise his road walking. This is something he can slip into without any trouble now. I shorten the lead and tell him to do a GOOD WALK and he just walks by my side with little to no tension on the lead. I do still keep praising him and saying what a good walk he is doing and then when we reach the church I lengthen the lead again and give him a treat and lots of fuss and he is so delighted that he did well.

Click on the link below to view a video.
https://youtu.be/Qgsz_CuKToA

1 comment:

Favourite Toy.

Timoth - Michael loves his football and will sit with it when not chasing it.